Greek Green Bean Salad
Fresh green beans, red bell pepper and tomatoes, tossed in a tangy Greek vinaigrette, topped with creamy feta cheese!
- DRESSING :
- 3 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh parsley or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb. green beans trimmed and halved
- 1/4 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 4 T. crumbled feta cheese divided
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside to allow flavors to marry.
- Trim ends off green beans and cut in half. Fill a medium pot with salted water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Fill a a medium bowl with ice water; set aside.
- Once water is boiling, add green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and immediately submerge beans into an ice bath to halt the cooking process.
- In a medium bowl, combine green beans with red pepper and tomatoes; toss with dressing to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates or bowls. Garnish each plate with crumbled feta.