Greek Lemon Chicken Kebabs
Serve our flavorful lemon and herb chicken skewers with pita or naan bread drizzled with homemade tzatziki sauce.
- HOMEMADE TZATZIKI:
- 1 c. shredded English cucumber
- 1 1/2 c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 T. chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- GREEK LEMON CHICKEN:
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- TZATZIKI SAUCE: Using the large holes of a box grater, shred cucumber; dab with paper towels and set aside.
- In a medium non-reactive bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the cucumber. Stir in the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- GREEK LEMON CHICKEN: In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper. Add cubed chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers. Note: If using wooden skewers soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Oil the grates of the grill or grill pan and place the skewers on them.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes, flip kebabs over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve kebabs with pita or naan bread and Tzatziki sauce.