Green Bean Casserole
No can soup in this recipe!!
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans drained
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 T. butter softened
- 2 T. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 T. chopped onion
- 1 (6 oz.) can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 (5 oz.) can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg Swiss cheese grated
- Crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain green beans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, butter, flour, salt, pepper. Add onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts and green beans, toss lightly.
- Pour mixture into a lightly grease casserole dish. Top with Swiss cheese and sprinkle with crushed cornflakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.