Grilled Rosemary Lamb Chops
French cut lamb chops, served over a bed of our Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a side of Red Currant Jelly.
- 2 lg. cloves garlic
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb chops about 3/4-inch thick
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add olive oil, stir to make a paste.
- Using your hands, rub the rosemary mixture on both sides of the lamb chops. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature, it will take about 20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
- Cook's Note: Serve over Garlic Mashed Potatoes with our Red Currant Jelly, if desired.