Grilled Salmon Burgers with Hoisin & Ginger
A delicious and healthy alternative to ordinary hamburgers! This is my FAVORITE burger of all time, Enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless salmon fillet cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 T. hoisin sauce
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. green onions chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sm. jalapeño minced (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns
- Melted butter for brushing
- vegetable oil for the grill
- lettuce leaves for serving
- Sliced tomatoes for serving
- Sliced red onion for serving
- Place salmon, cilantro, hoisin sauce and mayonnaise in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Mix in green onions, ginger, garlic, jalapenos, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Form into patties. Cover, refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- When salmon patties are ready, preheat grill to medium high. Lightly brush buns with butter and grill until grill marks appear and buns are toasty. Remove buns and grease grill grate with vegetable oil.
- Grill salmon burgers until fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to buns and top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Copper River Salmon featured in photo!