Grilled Salmon Topped with Mango Salsa
Copper River Salmon seasoned with Dan’s Sweet & Spicy Rub topped with our fresh Mango Salsa!
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1 mango peeled & diced
- 1 avocado peeled & diced
- 2 ears corn charred & cut from cob
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- jalapeño seeds & membrane removed, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. flat leaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 (2 to 3 lb.) side of salmon skin on, pin bones removed
- Dan's Sweet & Spicy Rub OR your favorite dry rub
- MANGO SALSA: In a large bowl, stir together mango, avocado, corn, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- GRILLED SALMON: Preheat an outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pat dry. Cut a piece of heavy-duty foil long and wide enough to fit the salmon; position foil on a large baking sheet. Place salmon flesh side up, on top of foil. Fold edges around salmon.
- Remove all pin bones with pliers or tweezers. Season with Dan's Sweet & Spicy rub OR your favorite dry rub.
- Grill salmon for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of your fillet) with the lid closed or until salmon flakes easily. Carefully remove fish to a baking sheet, top with mango salsa and enjoy!
Alternate Cooking Methods: Cook salmon skin side down (no need to turn) on an outdoor grill sprayed with non-stick spray if you do not want to use aluminum foil. (Although, foil makes clean-up a breeze.) OR Bake in a 425 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is still moist. (Do not over-cook) Recipe Link: Dan's Sweet & Spicy Rub