Marinating the salmon before grilling, adds wonderful flavor and moisture to the fish. Serve with a Caesar salad and some crusty French bread!
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- lemon pepper to taste (I use Mrs. Dash)
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Place fish in a large re-sealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not over cook!