Grilled Veggie Summer Salad
Grilling your vegetables gives this salad so much flavor, that there's really no need for dressing! Although, we like to drizzle it with Balsamic vinegar.
- 3-4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 lg. handful arugula
- 1/4 c. rough chop fresh basil leaves
- 1 (10.5 oz.) cont. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 sm. zucchini sliced lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lg. red bell pepper sliced into quarters
- 1 lg. yellow bell pepper sliced into quarters
- 1/2 med. red onion sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together lettuce, arugula and basil leaves; set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers and onions on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, tossing to coat all of the veggies.
- Place veggies in a grill basket and grill until tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. (If using an indoor grill pan, you will need to grill in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan and steaming the veggies.)
- Remove the charred peppers onto a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces. Add the grilled veggies to the salad. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.