Inspired by the beloved movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," these soft, chewy, crinkle cookies will warm your heart! The perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray, exchange, or school party!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 lg. eggs
- 4 drops green food coloring
- confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Jumbo heart-shaped sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer beat together the cake mix, oil, eggs, and food coloring until well combined. Cover and chill the dough for 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll the dough ball into confectioners’ sugar and place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookie dough. Press a jumbo heart candy into each dough ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, do not over-bake, just until set. Cookies will continue to bake on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet before carefully removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cooks Note: If cookies spread a little, simply use a spatula to reshape before cooling completely.