Happy Hour Mushrooms
Recipe by: Lynne Eshe Pollock
- 36 med. mushrooms
- 3 T. unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2/3 c. Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 2 T. red wine
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 c. corn chips crushed
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Wash and dry caps. Brush with the melted butter and place on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, garlic and Monterey jack cheese, mix well. Add wine, soy sauce, soup mix and crushed corn chips to make a paste.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Place back on baking sheet and broil for three minutes or until bubbly and light brown.
- Cook's Note: Finely chop stems and add to the mixture before stuffing, if desired.