So simple to prepare, these accordion style baked potatoes are seasoned with garlic butter, parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Makes an elegant side dish for beef, chicken or fish.
- 4-6 med. baking potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 T. butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes clean and pat dry, do not peel.
- Place potatoes into a large wooden spoon. Using a sharp knife, make slices across the potato, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart, making sure to cut down to the lip of the spoon, not all the way through the potato. The slices should stay connected at the bottom, like an accordion. The spoon helps keep the depth even, proceed with the remaining potatoes. When all of the potatoes are cut, place them cut-side up on a foil lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and minced garlic. Brush potatoes with half of the garlic butter, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and brush with the remaining butter. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs onto the tops of the potatoes, and season with a little more salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.