Crackle Easter Eggs
Why have plain old eggs when you can make colorful crackle eggs? Just boil, crack, color and peel!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- 6-12 Wilton food coloring gels, your choice
- Hard boil 12 eggs, set aside to cool. Gently tap the eggs to crack them, leaving shells attached to the eggs.
- Line two 9×13-inch pans with paper towels (to catch spills and splatters). Place 6 mugs in each pan. Add desired food coloring gel into each cup and fill with 1 cup boiling water.
- Drop one cracked egg into each of the 12 colors. Make sure that the colored water covers the eggs completely. Place pans in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours OR overnight.
- When ready, gently peel back the shells and enjoy the unique designs. Now they’re ready to eat! Sprinkle with salt and pepper, a dash of Frank’s red hot sauce or make Deviled Eggs.
Print recipe here: Crackle Easter Eggs