How cute is this? Chicken street tacos displayed in my husband’s Valentine chocolate box!
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 sm. yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
- 12 (5-6-inch) tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced onions to the skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, green chiles and taco seasoning, until combined. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas according to package instructions. Place the tortillas side by side in a baking dish, standing up.
- Fill tacos with the chicken mixture, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and top with your favorite taco toppings, such as olives, pickled jalapenos, cilantro, lettuce, salsa, and/or sour cream. Yields 10-12 small tacos
- Cook’s Note: Line a baking sheet with foil. Roast 3-4 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes OR pick up a rotisserie chicken from your supermarket and shred.
Print recipe here : Chicken Tacos