Homemade Bisquick Baking Mix
No need to buy baking mix when you can make your own!
Servings: 6 cups
- 6 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 3 T. baking powder
- 1 T. salt
- 1/2 c. cold unsalted butter cubed
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Working in two batches, pulse 1/2 the flour mixture and 1/2 of the butter in a food processer, until well combined and resembles coarse meal. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and butter.
- Store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
- PANCAKES: In a large bowl, add 2 cups baking mix, 1 1/4 cup milk, and 1 egg, stir to combine. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the center of a hot grease griddle, cook until bubbles break on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook until golden. Makes 10 pancakes.
- WAFFLES: In a large bowl, add 2 cups baking mix, 1 1/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 1 egg, stir to combine. Pour onto the center of a hot greased waffle iron; close lid. Bake for about 5 minutes or until steam stops. Carefully remove the waffle. Makes 10 4-inch waffles