Hot Chocolate Cookies
Rich chocolate cookies, topped with melted chocolate and marshmallows. Tastes like your favorite cup of hot chocolate!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1/2 c. butter cut into small cubes
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 lg. marshmallows cut in half
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting, optional
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter and 12-ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, with an electric hand-mixer, on medium speed just until blended. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat on low speed just until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon, roll into 1-inch balls, and place onto the prepared cookie sheets. Fit 12 cookies per sheet, making sure to space them 2-inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Carefully, remove cookies from the oven. Quickly dip cut-side of each marshmallow half into mini chocolate chips and place in the center of each cookie. Place cookies back in the oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, and allow cookies to cool at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Dust with cocoa powder if desired.