Indian Peanut Stew
Recipe by Teresa Cleveland-Wendel - A delicious quick and easy main dish, that tastes even better the next day. We like it hot, so adjust accordingly. Perfect for Meatless Monday!
- Hot cooked white or brown rice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lg. onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 T. fresh grated ginger
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. chunky peanut butter
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil, add garlic, ginger, jalapenos, and bell pepper sauté until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer for a few minutes, then stir in peanut butter; heat through. Add water to thin if needed.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, and peanuts.