Irish Potato Candy
Don’t let the name fool you! These adorable candies shaped like baby potatoes are actually made with cream cheese, coconut, confectioner’s sugar and cinnamon. A sweet treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Servings: 30 candies
- 2 T. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) box confectioner's sugar
- 1 (7 oz.) pkg. sweetened flaked coconut
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add ground cinnamon to a small bowl; set both aside
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract, beat for 30 seconds.
- With the speed on low, slowly add confectioner’s sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add coconut, beat until just combined.
- Using a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll it between your hands to form a ball, and then shape into a potato.
- Drop the “potato” into the bowl of cinnamon and roll to coat. Place finished candy potato on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the baking sheet with potato candies in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour or until the candy has set. (For “dirtier” potatoes roll in cinnamon again, if desired)
- Serve candy immediately. Candy can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.