Kitty Litter Cake
Looks just like a litter box, but it's NOT, it's actually a cake! You'll need a new kitty litter box, kitty litter liner, and litter scoop, for props to get the full effect. Fun for a practical joke or cat themed party!
- 1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. white cake mix
- 2 (3.5 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. vanilla sandwich cookies I used Oreos
- 3 drops drops green food coloring
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. tootsie rolls
- Prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Bake in two 9x13-inch pans according to package directions.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. (You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be moist, not soggy.)
- Line a new kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner (optional) and pour the cake mixture into the box. Gently pressing down to level the cake. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
- Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened (about 15-20 seconds). Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Place them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs.
- Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs.