Layered Cornbread Salad
Not only is this salad delicious and easy to assemble it makes a beautiful presentation on your holiday table or alongside your favorite barbecue!
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 lb. bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 c. frozen sweet cut corn thawed
- 1 med. sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 lg. green bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 lg. tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 bottle ranch dressing for serving
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool, and cut into 1-inch cubes, set aside.
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, cool, crumble, and set aside.
- To assemble the salad: Place cornbread cubes in the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, bacon, and cheese on top of cornbread.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Before serving, garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Divide salad among serving plates or bowls, drizzle with ranch dressing and devour!