Leftover Roast Beef Street Tacos
A delicious way to use up leftover roast beef. Top tacos with shredded beef, lettuce, Pepper jack cheese, avocado and homemade Pico de Gallo, Enjoy!
Servings: 8 people
PICO DE GALLO:
- 5 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 med. yellow onion diced
- 1 lg. jalapeño seeded, deveined and finely diced
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- 12 Mission street tacos corn or flour tortillas
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. shredded roast beef warmed
- 3 leaves Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 lg. avocados diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- PICO DE GALLO: In a medium bowl, toss diced tomatoes, onion, peppers, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper; cover the bowl and refrigerate while you make the tacos.
- Corn Tortillas: Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small amount
of olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Place two to three tortillas in the skillet, cook 1-2 minutes until they begin to brown slightly; flip them over to brown on the other side. Transfer tortillas to a plate, separating them with paper towels. Add a little more oil to the pan then repeat until all tortillas have been browned.
- Flour Tortillas: Heat according to package directions.
- TACOS: Build tacos one at a time, layering with warm shredded beef, lettuce, cheese, avocado, and Pico de Gallo. Finish with a squeeze with lime juice and devour!