Lemon Blueberry Bars
Sweet, tangy, lemon cream cheese bars with fresh blueberries and crumb topping.
- 1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2 eggs divided
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 T. zest plus 3 T. juice from 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 c, fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg; beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Press 2/3 of the mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until well blended. Add remaining egg, lemon zest and juice; mix well. Pour over crust; top with berries. Pinch small pieces of the remaining cake mixture between your fingers and sprinkle over the berries; lightly press into cream cheese layer.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars. Keep refrigerated.
- Cook's Note: For best results, refrigerate the cooled dessert before cutting into bars.