Lemon Cheese Bars
- 1 box yellow pudding cake mix
- 2 eggs divided
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix with 1 egg and oil until crumbly, reserve 1 c. of mixture for topping. Pat remaining mixture in the bottom of an un-greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and 1 egg until smooth. Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool and cut into bars.