Lemon Cheesecake Topped with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries
My signature Cheesecake with Ginger Snap cookie crust, decked out with homemade lemon curd, and fresh seasonal berries, Enjoy!
- GINGER SNAP COOKIE CRUST:
- 2 c. Ginger Snap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 6 T. butter melted
- 3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- LEMON CURD :
- 8 lg. egg yolks
- 2 T. finely grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 c. plus 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 10 T. cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- Fresh berries strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- GINGER SNAP COOKIE CRUST: In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 10-inch Springform pan. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- CHEESECAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on high speed until completely smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Continue to beat, gradually adding 1 1/3 cups sugar, then lemon juice and vanilla. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake for 35 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare Lemon Curd.
- LEMON CURD: Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup sugar in a heavy-bottom saucepan, whisk to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (be sure to scrape the sides of the pan), until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, 8 to 10 minutes, and registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add salt and butter, one piece at a time, stirring until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface of the curd to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Spread lemon curd over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours over overnight. Top with fresh berries before serving.