Lemon Pepper Spinach
When I was a little girl, every year for my birthday I would ask my mom for Liver & Onions, Scalloped Potatoes, and this Lemon Pepper Spinach. Of course, my brothers were not pleased about this, but I LOVED it!!
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz. bag) fresh spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic pressed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked blacked pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Zest of 1 med. lemon
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant (do not burn).
- Add spinach (it may seem like a lot of spinach, but it will cook down quite a bit) gently stirring just until it wilts (you do not want it over-cooked and mushy).
- Remove from heat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using. Add lemon zest and lemon juice, stir to combine. Serve immediately.