Lemon Poppy Seed Crêpes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Filling
These stunning lemon poppy seed crêpes are easy to make and perfect for an elegant breakfast, brunch or dessert!
Servings: 10 crepes
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 4 T. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. milk divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 2 T. butter melted
- BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING: In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add blueberries and smash with a fork until combined; set aside. (As the filling sits the blueberry juice will turn the cream cheese a pretty lavender color.)
- CREPES: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Make a “well” in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs, 1 cup milk, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. With a whisk (I prefer to use a hand mixer) gradually whisk/beat the flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Gradually add remaining 1 cup milk, whisk or beat to remove all lumps then stir in melted butter.
- Heat a crepe pan or small skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray. Pour a 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan. As you are pouring the batter rotate the pan with your other hand to spread out the batter into a circle as thin as possible. Cook about 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Serve hot with blueberry filling. Top with more lemon zest, fresh blueberries, drizzle with maple syrup, and/or dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.