Lemony Zucchini Ricotta Galette
Thinly sliced zucchini layered over delicious lemon ricotta filling then baked to perfection in a light and flaky pastry.
Servings: 8 slices
- 2 small zucchinis sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 14 oz. pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- Fresh basil ribbons for garnish, optioinal
- Cut zucchini into thin slices and place over paper towels. Lightly sprinkle some salt over the slices and let sit for 30 minutes so the paper towels soak up all the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, lemon zest, and dried basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and the garlic together. Add 1 teaspoon of the garlicky olive oil to the ricotta mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out into a 12 to 14-inch round. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the bottom of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Arrange the zucchini in a circle on top of the ricotta starting at the outside edge. Drizzle with the remaining garlic olive oil over the zucchini.
- Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge leaving the center open. Brush crust with egg yolk.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm or cold.