Grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs stuffed with cheese, Oh Yeah!
- 8 good quality hot dogs
- 8 slices cheddar cheese divided
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hot dog buns toasted
- BBQ sauce for topping
- ketchup for topping
- mustard for topping
- Relish for topping
- Chopped onions for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a knife, make a slit along the entire length of the hot dog, about 3/4 of the way through. Break the cheese slice into 2 pieces and stuff each piece into the slit in the dog. Wrap a slice of bacon around the hot dog in a spiral fashion, then secure all with a toothpick. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and the hot dog is browned. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings.
- To grill outdoors: Preheat 1/2 of the grill to medium-high heat. Place the hot dog over indirect heat and grill, rotating the dogs every 4-5 minutes, for about 20 minutes. Some cheese may leak out. (By cooking over indirect heat and constantly turning, you get a crispy piece of bacon that is not raw on the inside.) Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings.