Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad
Our delicious dessert salad has a pretzel crust, sweetened cream cheese filling, Mandarin orange Jell-O and whipped cream, Enjoy!
- CRUST :
- 2 c. crushed pretzels
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- FILLING :
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) cont. Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping
- TOPPING :
- 1 (6 oz.) box orange Jell-O
- 2 c. boiling water
- 3 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges drained
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pretzels in a 1 gallon size re-sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- CRUST: In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir together until well blended. Press the pretzel mixture evenly into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and bake for 7 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely before adding the other layers.
- FILLING: In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and 1 cup sugar together until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Dollop filling over the pretzel crust then spread evenly with an off-set spatula (be sure to seal the cream cheese layer against the sides of the dish so that the Jell-O mixture will not be able to leak through when added).
- TOPPING: In a separate bowl, whisk together orange Jell-O and boiling water until the Jell-O is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly (about 10-15 minutes). Gently stir in mandarin oranges. Pour the Jell-O/Mandarin orange mixture over the cream filling, spread evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow Jell-O to set up completely. Cut into squares; serve with a dollop of whipped cream!