Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas, tomato, red onion, cucumber, Kalamata olives and feta cheese are the main characters in this easy, flavorful, Mediterranean inspired salad!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 lg. tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 c. feta cheese crumbled
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 c. English cucumber chopped
- 1 c. kalamata olives or black olives, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, cucumber, olives, garlic, and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and pour over the salad. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.