Melon Mint and Prosciutto Kebabs
Sweet melon compliments the salty prosciutto and mint for a deliciously light and satisfying appetizer.
- 1 cantaloupe honeydew or watermelon
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 9 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3-6 sprigs fresh mint
- BALSAMIC GLAZE : for drizzling, optional
- 1 c. Aged balsamic vinegar
- Remove fruit with a melon baller.
- Place melon balls into a bowl, and sprinkle with lime juice. Stir gently to coat.
- Skewer melon balls alternately with prosciutto and mint. Arrange on a serving tray. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- BALSAMIC GLAZE: Add one cup of balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You can reduce it by 1/3 or 1/2, depending on how thick you like it. Note: Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Just before serving, drizzle kebabs with balsamic glaze.