A south-of-the-border twist on an Italian classic!
- 12 sm. corn or flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef cooked, drained & seasoned with taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lg. tomato chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black olives sliced
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- Guacamole for serving
- Sour cream for serving
- Salsa for serving
- Drizzle a small amount of enchilada sauce in 9x13 pan so the tortillas won't stick. Layer 6 small tortillas over enchilada sauce.
- Layer on 1/2 of the refried beans, 1/2 of the taco meat, 1 c. of the cheese, then 1/2 of the enchilada sauce, Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, adding a few more minutes if cheese isn't completely melted. Cut and serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa if desired.
- Make it your own: Add your favorite taco toppings. Use cooked shredded chicken instead of beef. Try pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar. Add cooked rice or black beans over refried beans layer. Add chopped yellow onion or green bell pepper when frying hamburger. Canned corn might be a nice addition as well.