Great served alongside our Tequila Lime Chicken or your favorite Mexican dish!!
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 c. jasmine white rice uncooked
- 2 c. chicken or beef broth
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies un-drained
- 1 T. minced onion
- 2 tsp. good quality chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in large pan or skillet. Add rice and sauté until the rice is lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, minced onion, chili powder, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.