Mississippi Cheese Dip
Add in your choice of ham, crab, shrimp or crispy bacon. Great dip for large gatherings!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 (16 oz.) cont. sour cream
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. diced ham Dungeness crabmeat, shrimp or crispy bacon
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoning salt to taste (I used Johnny's seasoning salt)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lg. loaf sour dough bread or 2 smaller loaves
- In a mixing bowl, beat sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, ham, green onions, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt and pepper, until well combined.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the French bread, in the shape of a football; set aside. Carefully hollow out the loaf, creating a boat, leaving a 1/2-inch on the bottom and up the sides.
- Cube the center of the loaf for dipping later. Fill hollowed bread with the cream cheese dip. Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve warm with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or chips.