Warm-up with a bowl of my Mom's Chili and our Bacon Cheddar & Chive Corn Muffins.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 T. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 lg. onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 oz.) can chili or kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- sour cream garnish
- Shredded cheddar cheese garnish
- Chopped green onions garnish
- In a large pot, over medium heat, brown hamburger; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté onions, peppers, and garlic in oil or butter until tender. Add hamburger, tomatoes, beans, and spices, cover and simmer over low heat for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Cook's Note: I like to add 1/4 -1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper for added heat!
Recipe Link: Bacon Cheddar & Chive Corn Muffins