Monte Cristo Casserole
The world famous "Monte Cristo Sandwich," made into a delicious casserole, dusted with confectioners' sugar, then drizzled with strawberry topping. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. chopped deli ham
- 1 c. chopped deli turkey
- 2 c. grated Swiss cheese divided
- 1/4 c. Fresh Parsley snipped
- 2 (12.5 oz) pkg. frozen French Toast thawed OR 12 thick homemade slices
- 1 (16 oz.) cont, fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 c. Smucker's strawberry topping or jam without seeds
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, water, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, gently toss together the diced ham, turkey, 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and strawberry topping or jam.
- Cut the French toast into 3/4-inch cubes. Layer half of the French toast cubes into the prepared baking dish, top with half of the meat and cheese mixture; repeat. Pour the milk and egg mixture over all. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Let stand 10-15 minutes before baking OR overnight in the refrigerator and bake in the morning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the casserole is golden and the center is set. Rest for 5-10 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and top with strawberries sauce.