An authentic N’awlins sandwich of cured meats, cheeses, and tangy olive salad piled high on a round loaf of Italian bread, Enjoy!
- 1 (10-in.) round Muffuletta bread Italian or sourdough
- 2 c. Cooking Mamas Olive Salad or store bought
- 4 oz. thin sliced Cappicola or deli ham
- 4 oz. thin sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. thin sliced Mortadella or bologna
- 4 oz. thin sliced provolone cheese
- 4 oz. thin sliced Genoa salami
- Cut the bread in half horizontally. Hollow out some of the excess bread to make room for the olive salad. Spread each piece of bread with equal amounts olive salad.
- Begin layering the bottom half with Cappicola or ham, Swiss cheese, Mortadella or bologna, Provolone, and salami. Carefully put the two halves together and press them down together.
- Cut the sandwich into quarters and serve immediately or wrap tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate until ready to eat. Cut into quarters just before serving.
Note: Meat and Cheese are doubled in the photo above. Recipe Link: Cooking Mamas Olive Salad