Mummy Cheese Dogs
A spookier version of pigs-in-a-blanket! Easy to make and kid-friendly, these cute little mummies will be a big hit at your harvest party!
Servings: 12 Mummy Dogs
- 1 (8 oz. can) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 slices American cheese quartered
- 12 hot dogs
- 2 T. melted butter for brushing
- Candy eyes for decorating, optional
- Dijon mustard for dipping and/or decorating
- Ketchup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles, pinch seams together. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into thin strips.
- Cut each slice of American cheese into 4 strips.
- Place a hot dog on top of a piece of cheese, then wrap with crescent dough strips to look like bandages leaving room at the top for the mummy’s eyes. (You will need about 4 strips of crescent dough per hot dog.) Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down) on the prepared baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake until the crescent dough is golden and hot dogs are cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Just before serving make eyeballs using mustard OR place a small dot of mustard on the back of your candy eyes and attach to each mummy dog. Serve immediately with ketchup and/or mustard for dipping.