Mushroom Bruschetta Chicken
Tender chicken smothered with sautéed mushrooms and melted cheese, served over toasted garlic bread.
- 1 T. butter
- 1 lb. mixed fresh mushrooms (white button, shiitake, cremini) coarsely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 4 sm. (about 1 lb.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Italian three cheese blend shredded
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half, for rubbing on toast
- 1 T. fresh chives coarsely chopped
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions, sauté 8 to10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dressing, minced garlic and thyme; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken to the skillet, season with salt and pepper; cook 5 min. on each side or until done (165 degrees in the center).
- Top chicken with mushrooms and cheese; cover. Cook 2 to 4 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toast bread, then rub with garlic clove. To plate, place chicken with mushrooms and melted cheese over garlic toast, sprinkle with chives. Serve with a garden salad.