Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding
A wonderful no-cook dessert made with bananas, vanilla instant pudding, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, homemade whipped cream, and Chessman cookies!
- 2 (7.25 oz.) bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies divided
- 6 to 8 med. bananas sliced
- 1 (4.6 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c. cold 1% milk
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 12 oz. cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag (24 cookies). Layer sliced bananas evenly over the top of the cookies.
- PUDDING: In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer beat the pudding mix and milk together until well blended about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture; beat until just combined.
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM: Pour the heavy cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla into a well-chilled bowl. Using an electric hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding/cream cheese mixture. Pour the entire mixture over the bananas and cookies. Top with the remaining bag of cookies.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Best served the same day you prepare the pudding.
Inspired by Chris Johnson – adapted from Paula Deen