Oatmeal cookies sweetened with butterscotch chips!!
Servings: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or zest of 1 orange
- 3 c. quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 (11 oz.) pkg. butterscotch flavored morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE: Pan Cookie: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.