This applesauce is so good, you'll never buy canned again!
- 15 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1-2 c. fresh-pressed apple cider
- 1 c. sugar or honey or a combination
- Prepare apples. Place apples in 1 to 2 cups of apple cider in a large kettle and cook until tender.
- Carefully pour apples into a heat-resistant blender or food processor and puree. (I prefer it chunky, so I mash the cooked apples with a potato masher, it's entirely up to you.) Return mixture to kettle and continue to heat.
- Sweeten to taste with sugar and/or honey.
- SPICED APPLESAUCE: Add apple pie spice at the end of cooking.
- RASPBERRY APPLESAUCE: Add a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries to apples before cooking.
- CHERRY APPLESAUCE: Add a handful of pitted cherries to apples before cooking.
- CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE: Add 1 to 2 cups of cranberries to apples before cooking.