Olive Garden Salad with Italian Dressing
Our version of the famous house salad and dressing!
- DRESSING :
- 1/3 c. distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. corn syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 T. grated Romano cheese
- 1 T. instant pectin
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bag Dole Classic Iceberg Salad or American Blend
- 2 sliced roma tomatoes
- 1/2 sm. red onion thinly sliced
- 10-12 black olives
- 5-6 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 c. Herb croutons
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- DRESSING: Process all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined and the pepper flakes are tiny specks. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- SALAD: Place veggies, croutons, and Parmesan cheese into a large salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately on chilled salad plates or bowls.
- Store unused salad dressing in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Shake before using.