One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
Inspired by Martha, This fast and fabulous one-pot meal couldn't be easier! Simply throw everything into a pot, bring to a boil and stir, it's that easy! Perfect dish for Meatless Mondays!
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. dry linguine or thin spaghetti
- 1 (10-12 oz.) pkg. cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- 1 sweet onion julienned
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh basil chopped, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 4 1/2 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, spinach, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, chopped basil, olive oil, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among bowls, and garnish with torn basil. Serve with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note: For those on a gluten-free diet, use gluten-free pasta!