Orange Creamsicle Truffles
Cool creamy orange truffles make a wonderful addition to a dessert tray.
Servings: 20 truffles
- 1/4 c. butter
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 3 T. heavy cream
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar plus more for rolling
- Orange gel food coloring (optional)
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in orange zest and cream; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in white chocolate chips. Allow mixture to set 1 minute. Add orange extract, 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and optional food coloring to white chocolate chip mixture; stir until smooth. Cover mixture and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Scoop mixture out by heaping teaspoonfuls and form into balls then roll in confectioners’ sugar.
- Freeze truffles for 20 minutes then enjoy. Store truffles in the refrigerator as they will soften at room temperature or freeze for up to 1 month.