Orange Olive Oil Cake with Summer Fruit
This beautiful Italian olive oil cake is infused with orange zest, dusted with confectioners' sugar and topped with fresh seasonal fruit, Godere!
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil plus more for greasing *
- 2 c. all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. milk
- 3 lg. eggs
- Zest of 1 lg. orange
- 1/2 c. fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. fresh raspberries plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries plus more for garnish
- 1 nectarine pitted and sliced for garnish
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round springform pan with olive oil; set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, eggs and orange zest, then whisk in the flour mixture until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the berries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Release band and allow cake to cool completely.
- Just before serving, dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with fresh berries and nectarine slices.
*Use a GOOD quality olive oil. Slightly adapted from Williams Sonoma