Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
I have three kids who have birthdays in January, so I’m always trying to come up with new ideas for birthday cakes! This fun and easy no-bake cake is sure to delight everyone at your next party!
- 2-3 (8 ct.) boxes ice cream sandwiches depending on size of sandwich
- 2 quarts Vanilla ice cream
- 1 pkg. Oreo cookie sandwiches divided
- Smucker’s Magic Shell chocolate ice cream topping
- M&M's candies
- You will need a 9 or 10-inch Springform pan. (I used a 10-inch pan)
- Working quickly, unwrap the ice cream sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half or (3-inch pieces) depending on the size of your ice cream sandwiches. Place sandwich pieces cut-side-down around the circumference of the Springform pan packing them in tightly. Transfer the Springform pan to the freezer while preparing the Oreo ice cream for the center.
- Allow vanilla ice cream to soften at room temperature but not melt; stir in 8-10 broken up Oreo cookies, or as many as desired. Pour softened ice cream mixture into the center of the cake, filling it to the top of the ice cream sandwiches. Cover with foil and immediately transfer back to the freezer. Allow cake to freeze at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- The next day, decorate the top of the cake with more scoops of ice cream if desired, broken up Oreo cookies, M&M’s candies and drizzle with chocolate topping. Serve right away or freeze until ready to serve
- Remove ring around pan. Slice cake with a large warm knife and serve.
Cook’s Note: Ice cream sandwiches come in a variety of sizes ranging from 4-6 inches. (Hopefully, you can find the 6-inch ones.) Cut each sandwich into 3-inch pieces, if you have leftover pieces, simply freeze them and snack on them at a later time. Featured Photo: My lovely Daughter In-Law Hannah Galloway McNutt