Oven Fried Chicken
Baking makes it much easier than frying, while cutting back on fat.
- 4 pieces chicken (drumsticks or boneless breasts)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 T. parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, pat dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Combine sea salt, paprika, garlic and pepper together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a separate shallow dish. Dredge chicken through yogurt, sprinkle with spice mixture, then dip into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and bake 20 to 40 minutes, or until browned on the outside and cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Cook's Note: Add a little cayenne to your spice mixture to create a spicier dish.