Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Maple Drizzle
A sweet and savory side dish for chicken, turkey or pork.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Maple syrup if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes and bacon on baking sheet, season with thyme, coarse salt and ground black pepper.
- Roast until sweet potatoes are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a knife and bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving, if desired.