- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 2 c. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 c. onions chopped
- 3/4 c. celery chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) container refrigerated oysters drained
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 3 c. crushed herb stuffing mix
- 1/4 c. Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and celery, cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine oysters and chicken broth. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat, drain, reserving liquid. Chop oysters coarsely.
- Stir stuffing mix into cooked vegetables. Add oysters, parsley, thyme and enough reserved liquid to moisten lightly, toss to combine. Cover skillet.
- Bake with turkey during the last 20 minutes of roasting.
- Cook's Note: If desired, one 8 oz. can oysters, drained and chopped, can be substituted for refrigerated oysters. Do not add oysters when heating chicken broth.