Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes & Basil
A deliciously simple meal, ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. fresh refrigerated pasta your choice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves torn
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place pasta into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and salt; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in basil and pepper. Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss well to combine. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.