Pea Pesto Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serve our delicious pasta warm or cold. It truly is the perfect dish for Summer Picnics, Potlucks & Meatless Mondays!
- PEA PESTO:
- 1 1/2 c. basil packed
- 1/2 c. flat leaf parsley packed
- 1 c. frozen green peas thawed, plus more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- PASTA & TOMATOES:
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 c. arugula loosely packed
- PEA PESTO: Add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and sea salt to a food processor; pulse to combine. While the machine is running on low, stream in olive oil through the spout. Continue blending, stopping and scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and fully combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity/brightness, parmesan for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness, or peas for sweetness.
- PASTA: Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook, and drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned.
- Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner, then add cooked pasta, the pesto and arugula; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Serve warm garnished generously with additional parsley, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese.